Friday, July 4, 2014

David looked up and saw the Angel of the Lord standing between Heaven and Earth, with a drawn sword in his hand extending over Jerusalem. Then David and the elders, clothed in
sackcloth, fell face-down. 1 Chronicles 21: 16

For Thou hast commanded, and so it is, that every inordinate affection shall be its own punishment. Augustine, Confessions

Lord make me aware of the terrible acts of judgment that hang, as if suspended in air, waiting to be unleashed into the circumstances I find myself in. Please make me aware of the significance of those moments and make me aware of my place in the middle of it all. Help me connect effects with their causes. Help me see that it's my sin that has returned to punish me, so that I know I need to turn, and what I need to turn from.

No comments:

Post a Comment