Friday, May 30, 2014

Growing up

Growing up...

I thought priceless was synonymous with worthless. Made those Mastercard commercials confusing.
I thought quicksand would be a much bigger problem in the world than it is.
I thought when the car blinkers signaled "left", it was telling my dad to turn left.
I thought a tornado was capable of forming spontaneously within my living room.
I thought I lived in Astoria when I lived in Long Island City.
I thought people were essentially good.

Now...

I think things that are priceless may well be worthless. It's all relative, anyway.
Somedays I wish quicksand were a bigger problem than it is.
My GPS serves the role I used to attribute to the car blinkers.
Tornados do not form spontaneously in living rooms.
I live in neither Astoria nor Long Island City.
I think people are mostly but not essentially bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment